Monday, September 19, 2005

Oh no!

We had a mild weekend punctuated by the disappointment of ND losing to Michigan State in overtime...sigh... such a let-down after the high of last week's victory. At least the fact that we're no long undefeated will make Dave less distracted at the wedding in Vegas this weekend if the game isn't over by the time the ceremony starts. I mean, 2 years ago he was checking his cell phone for the game score during the wedding. OK, I wanted to know the score, too, but still...

In knitting news, I almost finished another baby sweater but then when I got to the armholes I created some sort of weird situation with the yarn going from one stitch to another one about 10 stitches away from it...I thought I could solve it by cutting the yarn and then weaving in the ends later, but then I found another instance of this strange phenomena and I didn't have the patience to wait until SnB on Tuesday to ask someone for help so I just disassembled...No disassemble No. 5!...but I did it anyway. And here is the state of it now, after I restarted it. I'm about ready to divide for sleeves. I had a little problem with that the last time I did it, with casting on 4 additional stitches for the sleeves to pick up later...let's hope it doesn't happen again. And let me tell you, an entire Saturday of watching college football is a great way to knit and be with Dave too. Just watch out if he's eating wings and cheering, because the sauce can go flying...

This was one of the most low key weekends I've had in a loooong time. One of the laid back highlights was sitting on the deck at South Street Seaport Friday night with Katie and Dave, just looking at the river and Brooklyn and watching the boats go by. It was such a nice night!

No comments: