Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Acquiescence

Those fibers exerted no effort in convincing me to take them home. It was a subliminal persuasion, they just sat there looking all beautiful and shamefully inexpensive. I should have known better than to even enter Suss during this super sale, and if this big bag o'stash isn't what I expected to take home with me then I was just kidding myself. But still, I tried to escape with just the 4 skeins of Araucania Nature Cotton but then I couldn't resist the $2 chocolate Suss Cotton. Then that mardi gras colored spacedye passively forced me to submit to it. Then I was finished. I was in line to check out. But the green apple Suss Cotton kept assaulting my peripheral vision. I tried to ignore it. I was about to hand my bin over to the sales woman. And then I ran away, back to the green apple, and bought all of it. All of the green apple cotton. All of the chocolate cotton. What am I going to do with all this? Why did I give in so easily? At least the Suss staff made me feel a little better by figuring out that if I had paid full price for all 30 skeins of cotton, 2 skeins of spacedye and 4 skeins of Nature Cotton, I would have shelled out an additional $186. Now that's a bargain!

Bye bye, Suss NYC. Your store was beautiful, and so close to my old pad. I'll miss you, but thanks for the sale!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad your problem is worse than mine. hee hee

city girl said...

now that's what i call S-E-X!!!

Heather said...

Darhling!
So good to see you on Tuesday - it's been tooo looong!
Love your new stash additions, especially the apple green - yum!
I went there and did some damage to my wallet, can you guess which colours I bought?
I'll have to post some pics :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love what you bought. Nice color choices. Can't wait to see what you make!

I'm with everyone else who agrees that it was WONDERFUL to see you on Tuesday.

xxoo
K.

schrodinger said...

What a haul! You'd think you liked green or something. Great savings though.