Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I voted today, did you?

I had the funniest experience voting for the first time in our new town. I'm used to the old school voting machines with the lever, and as we went into the school gym we saw all these little boxes. I was thinking, "Cool, high tech computers for voting!" So the woman checking us in asked if we've ever voted before, and I said, "Yes, but not with these new machines." She handed me a folder with a piece of paper in it and basically said, "Take this over to any 'privacy booth' and fill in the dot next to the name you want to vote for then put it in that box over there." What??? Total regression to 1800's technology! I guess there is a paper trail, but still...

And by the way, go Obama!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - that's how we do it in the UK. Take a piece of paper and a crayon, go behind the curtain and put an X in the box.
Low tech but they get the full count done the same day in the General Election and nobody ever worries about hanging chads.

Very beautiful baby you have there Ms Mud!

Claudine said...

Hey, I didn't get a sticker! Lucky Jonah! Can you put the link to Jonah's blog in the side bar?

Phillipa Sara said...

Hey man, don't dis the old way. Jamaica still does it that way. Dat is one cute likel boy pickney!

Did you see Chad's twins? http://www.babysites.com/sites/csutsy/