Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sad






I have to talk about how depressed and sad I am about what is happening in the world right now. Katrina's aftermath is eclipsing the stampede in Baghdad, where 1,000 people died, but both events are really sad and just make me think the world is pretty sucky lately. And people are SHOOTING at the helicopters trying to evacuate patients in a New Orleans hospital -- WTF?!?!?!?! I don't even care about the looting, I mean, those people lost EVERYTHING and I can't even imagine the desperation, especially when I'm betting most of them have no insurance because a lot of poor neighborhoods were devastated. And now their shelter, where everyone was supposed to be safe, is in danger. No water, no food, no bathrooms...again, I can't even fathom. If anyone can, please donate to the Red Cross. Another good organization to donate to is Doctors without Borders, who help people all over the world, because besides what is going on in our own backyard, there is a lot of shitty stuff happening in other countries that we don't even know about and I don't know how else to help.

No comments: