Sunday, November 20, 2005

Airport hotel Hong Kong!

I'm sitting in the Regal Airport Hotel in Hong Kong, feeling kind of hungry because I slept through the 2nd meal on the flight. I thought I'd log in. I tried to do some knitting -- inspired by Jessamyn, I attempted a basketweave scarf for a gift, but it just didn't look right with the yarn I had (more alpaca -- this time from Suss. I have to big-up that store -- the employees are so sweat, the vibe is so relaxing, and the Suss yarns are actually very reasonably priced). The combination of tweed and basketweave also looked a little bumpy and feminine, and this is for a man, so I'm switching to a simple 4 x 1 ribbed pattern. As soon as I figured that out, I fell asleep. But here are some of my different needle size attempts. The final ribbed pattern is at the top near the needles.

Tomorrow we leave for Siem Reap, Cambodia, and then after a few days onto Hoi An, Vietnam, before returning to Hong Kong again for some business. Dave, luckily, has 2 straight weeks off!

Before we left we had to of course visit Sam & her family, after we dropped off the kitties at my parents' place. Tell me this isn't the cutest baby you've ever seen!

I'll try to post on our adventures, but maybe not until next week.

1 comment:

Passionknitly said...

Miss the Michelle!!!