Monday, October 09, 2006

Fall Is TOTALLY Here

First up, a progress shot on the Rogue Hoodie -- I'm doing okay, better than I thought I would be. I actually progressed about 2x as far as you can see from this pic, but 1/2 of that is the hem which I just knit to the WIP, so you can't see it any more (thanks for the lesson on that in the Hourglass Sweater, Jess!). I did mess up one of the cables slightly by dropping a stitch and then finagling it back up to the needle, and I'm not so sure it was properly finagled, but the thought of ripping made me realize that I can live with this mistake, and it's not very noticeable. I'm sure it will be the first of many errors. There is a bit of trickery at work in the pattern in the form of the Trinity Stitch. It involes a combo of K/P into the same stitch 3 times. I found a video on the DIY Network to help me figure out how to do this, but OMG! This Janet Szabo woman, the demonstrator, knits and purls into the same stitch about 20 times!!!! I have no idea what she is doing. And then Vickie Howell says, "It's super easy!" Even David was cracking up as I watched the video over and over and screamed obscenities at the computer screen. Super easy my ass! I think I figured it out anyway, I have the right # of stitches, and if I find out later that I did it wrong, I'm not going back!!!!

The weather this weekend was picture perfect for a football game. Lots of our friends were in town, including the guru's parents and fiance, A Second Breakfast & her roommate and family, Becca, Eoin, Ryan & their family...the list goes on! We won the game and had lots of quality bonding time with everyone.

Sunday was time to get into fall gear, so we headed up to Fennville, MI to visit the corn maze at Crane Orchards and to drink some crisp apple cider. I think this is the last of the beautiful weekends for a while, so we milked it.

Last but not least the eggs -- I scrambled them up for breakfast and there is such a difference in color and taste. I don't ever want to eat store-bought eggs again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are making me want to start knitting. It's actually the perfect time of year to start, since I'll be hibernating soon for winter.