Sunday, June 04, 2006

Goose Bumps

Yup, that pretty much sums up the weekend of our 10-year reunion -- 30-something men using their bread to try to lure young birds right where they want them...

Besides spending hours amusing ourselves in the Ducks v. Geese crust wars of Runaway Bay, we also found time to check out the South Bend Farmer's Market. I was so excited to learn that there was a Farmer's Market here, but I was a bit disappointed to find that most of the goods sold were not local -- and unless mangos, avocados & bananas have started to thrive in South Bend, I think most of the produce was from far far away. But it was nice to get some herb plants, which I consolidated into a little hanging pot outside, and some fresh bread plus Michigan asparagus. Becca also picked up some chocolate and pumpkin Whoopie Pies, which her adorable son Eoin and her funny man husband Ryan heartily enjoyed. There was NO yarn at the farmer's market, but Dave gave me a newspaper article listing about 20 markets in the Michiana area, so I'm looking forward to checking those out, too. And we'll be heading out to the Shipshewana Amish Country one of these weekends, one of the 1,000 places to see before you die...where there are lots of sheep and alpacas for viewing and petting and knitting from, oh my!

No comments: