Friday, February 17, 2006

Suss Sale!

I met Jess and Jill at Suss this afternoon for an astonishingly quick search and purchase operation for the Hourglass Sweater. I really wanted to make this out of Blue Sky undyed organic cotton, but Suss had such an amazing sale on their cotton ($3 a skein!) that it was pretty easy to change my mind. Thanks to Jill for alerting me to the sale, and to Jess for helping me out with the sweater size/yarn requirements. Jess is like a magical knitting computer, pointing out the right spot on the gauge and yardage charts without even thinking about it. It would have taken me at least an hour to even figure out that there was a book to look in, never mind which book to look in, but she honed in on the exact right spot with supernatural ease.

The main color for the sweater will be the "honey" shade, with either dark brown or blue as the trim. I wanted to make the whole sweater out of one of those 2 colors, but there wasn't enough. The fuzzy multi-colored stuff hanging out with the cotton was only $1 a skein! It will become a knitted gift for someone, a very very late Christmas gift or maybe a birthday gift and skip Christmas...since I'm so late! By the way, the people at Suss are so nice, especially Jill, who has helped me out with suggestions and opinions many, many times.

My guru arrives any minute now!

1 comment:

Passionknitly said...

Oh, it's probably a good thing that I had no idea that was going on...