Monday, February 27, 2006

Umbilical Kingston

I thought Sam would benefit from having a hat to match her mom's Branching Out scarf (matching in color, not pattern -- I'm not that much of a lace masochist). Plus I had all this hot pink merino left over. This is basically a down and dirty version of the Umbilical Cord Hat from Stitch 'n' Bitch. Kingston (sort of) helped me out by modeling it. Don't worry, Kerry, I'm washing the hat right now! By the way, that's a map of Southern NY State that Kingston is laying on, making it really difficult for me to check out routes for the Hudson Valley Yarn Crawl this weekend...

I want to give props to my good and kind friend Phillipa, who I met about 10 years ago when I lived in Jamaica. Phillipa now lives in Seattle, where she is training for the Pacific Crest Olympic Triathlon in June. Not only is doing her body good by training for this, she doing good in general -- she's a member of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. If anyone wants to sponsor her, just click HERE. Or just go to her blog to give her some encouragement. Phillipa is one of the most selfless and giving people I have ever met, and she deserves all the good luck and wishes she can get!

No comments: