Thursday, August 31, 2006

I Made a New Friend! (and part of a sock)

Last night I met Jessica of Clickety-Clack Ewe at Bella Vita, a new, cozy (yet spacious) coffee shop (with a fire place!) Jessica is one cool woman, and she doesn't even know it. I love the blogosphere! The funniest thing she told me was how she learned to spin. When she was growing up, her mom got tired of the grass growing so long in between mowings, so she bought some sheep to keep it short! And when it came time to shear them, Jessica & her siblings fed them rose petals while her mom cut their hair. (Jess, I hope you don't mind me sharing that story but I get so happy when I think about how simple and wonderful it is.) We've got plans to do some kool aid dyeing in the near future.

Also, I got a few inches done on David's sock. And here's a gratuitous cat v. duck picture.

6 comments:

schrodinger said...

What a cool story.

Love the cat v. duck picture!

Phillipa Sara said...

It was one cool woman meeting another

Rebecca said...

Who wins in the battle of cat v. duck?

Anonymous said...

what a story! now to get my hands on a lawn.

btw, where is this new fireplace cafe, eh?

Heather said...

yeah, I'm coming to visit....
"quack"

Jessica said...

So happy you shared our visit - and the sheep story! I hope you'll be at Bella Vita on Wednesday (20th)