Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Remedy...

Saturday night in CO we went to see the Black Crowes at Red Rocks Amphitheater. I had always heard incredible reviews of this venue and really wanted to go, and it worked out in an unexpectedly pleasing way that one of Todd's "must-see" concerts this summer was happening last weekend and there were still tickets available. This is the MOST AWESOME place to see a concert, EVER! The setting -- amazing -- the stage was set into some natural red rock formations creating unbelievable acoustics. The weather could not have been more perfect -- great temperature for an outdoor show and then at the end, a warm wind started blowing and whipping around Chris Robinson's hair just making the whole event kind of other worldly. Am I being cheesey? Was I just too buzzed from all the parking lot pre-partying and enjoying it way too much? Maybe, but if Red Rocks was around here, I'd be there. All. The. Time. Of course, upon returning to reality, we found out that Chris and Kate had split...damn! That's why she wasn't at the show...

While out west, David & I also got the chance to go horseback riding at Capitol Peak Outfitters near Aspen. I highly recommend this experience, the view was beautiful and watching David's horse hang back and eat while everyone else was moving forward was hysterical. Here's a shot of him all by his lonesome, at the back of the pack...

And look what I bought for a buck at the wonderful Boulder Farmer's Market! No, not Mango , I'm referring to the 1oz. ball of brown sheep fleece. I bought it to practice with. It was much more nicely rolled up when I bought it, but David thought it would be fun to play with it and pretend it was a bunch of dreadlocks...

3 comments:

Renee said...

Oh no--is Dave still out to pasture?

Phillipa Sara said...

I want to go horseback riding with you Mud...by the way, love the cami.

Anonymous said...

Chris and Kate split? Why am I always the last to know?! You look très cool in your honeymoon cami... even if Dave was on his own honeymoon with his horse.