Thursday, August 24, 2006

Interloper

So, the students are back on campus! This weekend was Freshman Orientation, and classes started on Tuesday. David & I walked around campus and saw the various "ice breakers" being forced upon the "kids" by their elders. My favorite was a girls' dorm/boys' dorm giant homemade twister board, with about 50 frosh crowded into it. Every couple of minutes the caller would shout out a new color/body part combo, and then spray the players with a hose! It was pretty funny.

Today I decided to go to campus with Dave and dress up as a student -- backpack, jeans, fleece, roll out of the day...Here's where I'm hiding out andshower without drying my hair...hmm, now it seems like I play dress up every working, the LaFortune Student Center. I like to observe these youths in their natural habitat. Or maybe I'd like to be one of them again.

As I'm blogging, I'm thanking every possible deity that digital cameras were not really ready for prime time when I was in college. Can you imagine what kinds of pics would have been posted? I mean, I did some pretty horrendously embarrassing things in my day, not the least of which was puking in my innocent Panamanian roommates shoes and causing her to exclaim, in her sweet little voice, "Oh, Michelle, you are leading me to evil!" At least she wasn't wearing her shoes at the time...But seriously, no one is safe -- future politicians, beware!

Ah, to be a student again...David received an email from a fellow grad student asking if anyone knew where he could buy and ice luge...and another student complained about a 10AM group project meeting on Friday morning, saying, "Dude, don't you guys party???"

Poor Pluto!

5 comments:

Passionknitly said...

woa. So, where can you get an ice luge? Why did you guys never have an ice luge at any of your parties?!

I kinda wish they had digital cameras when you were in college...those would have been awesome to go through!!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I am glad no one digitally captured me in college either--I did some puking, tho' never in anyone's shoes... That remains your own special accomplishment.

Phillipa Sara said...

I'm with you Mud, poor Pluto. In my mind there will always be 9 planets.

Jessica said...

So now that you're a Hoosier, you'll have to join our guild, "Stranded in Michiana"! Yep, that's really the name.
I'll send details....

Heather said...

Hey, I left a comment a couple of days ago and it didn't show up!

mumbled something along the lines of...."if you can remember your college days they weren't so much fun"...or something lamesque like that....

I'm sad too about Pluto - he was my favorite :o(